Monday, May 23, 2011

THIS WEEKS RANDOM THOUGHTS

CITY MANAGER

On May 17 the Fort Lauderdale City Commission by a vote of 3 - 2 selected Lee Feldman of Palm Bay, FL as the next City Manager. As I touted in my last blog, Lee Feldman was the best choice to lead this city. I wish him much success.

STATE OF THE CITY

On May 18 Mayor Jack Seiler presented the annual State Of The City. According to the Mayor the state of the city is "very good". I agree. Our budget process was both transparent and inclusive and in the 2010 - 2011 budget year; balanced. Most importantly Fort Lauderdale "held the lowest milage rate in 25 years at 4.112. This is the "2nd lowest in the State of Florida". With "13.5 million in savings" there were "no loss of services"

The Mayor went into all areas of concerns for the city, including Fire/Rescue, Police services, the homeless and tourism. All with positive results over the past year.

Thank you Mr. Mayor and City Com
missioners for an outstanding job in leadership of Fort Lauderdale.

JUDGEMENT DAY MAY 21, 2011

Not that I fell into this farce, but this prediction flopped worse than Howard The Duck. All I can say to this is I'm Still Here

HURRICANE SEASON

Hurricane Season (June 1 - November 30) is
almost upon us. This month I was able to take a tour of the NOAA Hurricane Chaser Aircraft. All the predictions are for a busy Atlantic storm season. Now is the time to prepare. I usually stock up now with canned goods, bottled water, sterno and what many forget, a hand held can opener.




FORT LAUDERDALE CITIZENS POLICE ACADEMY

For the past 14 weeks I have been attending the Fort Lauderdale Citizens Police Academy. I highly recommend this course as it is an in depth view of the police operations. Some highlights of the course include the gun range, simulations, crime scene, bomb squad robot and much more. This course is given once a year starting in February. Contact the Fort Lauderdale Police Department.

No comments:

Post a Comment