Sunday, August 1, 2010

My 2010 Florida Primary Endorsements

It is the 1st of August and as I posted in my previous blog, day 32. I questioned what happens on day 32 and I got my answer. The sun rose as usual, the weather will be its' normal hot and humid and Allyson Love has been handed the reins as Acting City Manager. I wish George Gretsas well and wish Ms. Love only the best during her term at the top.

I would also like to congratulate Jeff Justinak on his promotion to Chief. Jeff is a Fireman's Fireman. He also has the financial background to keep the Fire Rescue Department fiscally sound. I look forward to my continued efforts with him.

Now for the meat of this posting, my 2010 Primary Endorsements. Each election cycle, I do my best research on each candidate. I review their positions, voting record (if applicable), affiliations and other factors. What I DO NOT take into consideration is party affiliation, (this is a Democratic Primary so yes all my partisan candidates are democrats) sexual orientation, list of current endorsements (including newspaper, unions and other individuals), what others have to say good or bad about the candidates. As this is just a list of those I hope you will vote for, I know we will not agree on all of my choices. All I ask is that you respect my decision, as much as I respect yours.

The least I ask is that you take the time to vote. You may request an Absentee Ballot from the Supervisor of Elections office at (954) 357-7020, go to an early voting site, or on August 24 at your assigned precinct. You may go to the Broward Supervisor of Elections web site or call the number I listed above for a list of Early voting sites in your area.

Here are my endorsements:

United States Senator
Kendrick Meek

Representative Dist. 17
Scott Galvin

Representative Dist. 22
Ron Klein

Governor
Alex Sink

Attorney General
Dan Gelber

State Senator Dist. 35
Kevin Burns

State Representative Dist. 90
Irving “Irv” Slosberg

State Representative Dist. 92
Justin Flippin

State Representative Dist. 94
Hazelle P. Rogers

State Representative Dist. 112
Sandra Ruiz

BROWARD COUNTY

County Commission Dist. 4
Ken Keechl

County Commission Dist. 6
Suzanne “Sue” Gunsberger

County Commission Dist. 8
Barbara Sharief

County Commission Dist. 9
Carlton Moore



CURCUIT COURT

Group 2
Kenneth L. Gillespie

Group 4
Elijah Williams

Group 6
Freida M. Goldstein

Group 9
Susan Lebow

Group 15
Robert Abraham Jakovich

Group 22
Carlos Rebollo

Group 23
Alan Bernstein

Group 24
John T. “Jack” Luzzo

Group 47
Laura Renee Seidman

Group 51
Lee Jay Seidman

Group 53
Rhonda Sokoloff

COUNTY COURT

Group 1
John D. Fry

Group 3
Peter Barry Skolnick

Group 4
Edward H. Merriman

Group 12
John “Jay” Hurley

Group 13
Linda Pratt

Group 14
Mary Rudd Robinson

Group 15
Mindy Solomon

Group 20
Kenneth “Ken” Gottlieb

Group 28
Mardi Ann Levey Cohen

BROWARD COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD


District 1
Rebbeca Homer

District 2
Kevin Tynan

District 4
Donald “Don” Samuels

District 6
Phyllis C. Hope

District 7
NO ENDORSEMENT

District 8
Jennifer Leonard Gottlieb


All the above endorsements are a result of my personal research of all the candidates in each race. As for the Non-Partisan races, party affiliation had no influence on my choice. I hope that you will vote for the above candidates, but if you choose not to, it is ok as long as you take the time to vote.


No comments:

Post a Comment